Tuesday 13 October 2009

RantzRUs (or US)

I, like millions of 0thers, are absolutely flabbergasted at the alleged response of certain MPs to the enquiry into their theft of public money. I still cannot get my head around the fact that there were no controls on their spending which they could break in the first instance, but when, several millennia too late, controls are finally imposed (or are they? watch this space) they have the brass neck to object.
The only response is for the gullible voters of this sceptred isle to refuse to vote for them whether or not they pay up but, if they do I can hear the Civil Rights Brigade rubbing their hands with glee and buying larger wallets. For civil rights lawyer read Politician with sharper suit and more inventive line in expenses claims.
The Politicians excuse that they were following the rules and protocol is odd when one considers that, according to their bleatings, there were no rules, which is why they fell into bad ways in the first place.
In my considerable experience of dealing with various levels of ne'erdowells the first excuse is 'I didn't realise/know' followed shortly by 'I'll pay it back' followed by 'You're bending the rules' and 'It's a stitch up'. At least try to be original folks and remember, even false humility is better than bare faced cheek or stubborn pomposity.
I really do despair for us all and don't think for one minute that, when your judgement day comes for whatever miniscule misdemeanour you have committed, you will get away with their pathetic excuses or find that your codes of conduct will be so blessedly lax.
I'd better end here before that pulsing in my temple gets worse and I need the services of lour magnificent Elf Service. Just don't get me started on that one...........

1 comment: